Welcome back to Fun Fridays! Today’s craft is somewhat popular and I love the way this DIY craft looks! It’s pretty easy and you can really express your creativity in many ways with this. This one is great for adults and children alike, so let’s get started!
The Beaded Wind Chime
Stuff you’ll need:
- Assorted beads, the more colorful and wonky the better!
- Some bells or noisemakers that will make a nice sound in the wind.
- A piece of driftwood or wooden rod. Could be a dowel, some old piece of wood you found at a yard sale, or something you just picked up out of the trash on the side of the road! Nifty and good for the earth! 😉
- Some kind of string, preferably something that will hold up to the outdoors like fishing line or nylon string.
- A drill and small drill bit (or you could use a screw and screw it through and back out, that will work just fine.)
What to do:
- First you’re going to want to drill holes about 1/2″ apart, and about 1/2″ to 1″ from each edge of the piece of wood.
- On the two outer holes, tie a single string, one end on each hole, this will be how you hang your wind chime!
- Next, tie one bead, larger than the holes you’ve drilled, to one end of the string. This will act as a stopper so the string stays in the wood.
- Now you’ll want to just start putting beads on the string until each one is filled and finish the end of the string with your bell or chime.
- Add any finishing touches you see fit and hang that beauty up inside or out!
Tips and Tricks:
- Paint your piece of wood beforehand if that is your style! Solid colors or even a cool pattern!
- Add feathers on the end of each bead string for added flair!
- make the outer pieces of string with beads shorter and go longer as you go in for a cool
Most importantly, have fun! Enjoy making this craft with your children, friends, significant other, or as just a nice alone-time craft for yourself!
Peace and Love,